What is Advocacy?
Advocacy is a proactive stance taken by individuals in response to particular issues that concern them. In early childhood education, the purpose of advocacy is to promote ideas and seek a resolution that will affect children and families in positive ways (Kieff 2009).
Why Legislative Updates?
We strive to keep you informed of the latest happenings in Annapolis impacting Early Childhood Education and work to meet with legislators to discuss pending legislation that affects MSCCA members.
Support Our Advocacy Efforts
- Observations and Recommendations to the Maryland Commission on Innovation and Excellence in Education – Kirwan Commission
- Kirwan Presentation to Committees
- State Aid and Local Share FY 2022-2023
- Proposed Phase In
- Phase in Recommendation
- Local Share vs MOE and Local Appropriations Model
- State Aid Local Share Appropriation Exhibits
- CCR and Non CCR Results
- Kirwan Workgroup Recommendations
- Aid Comparisons Spreadsheet 1
- Aid Comparison Spreadsheet 2
- FY 2018 County Operating Contribution to Public School
- Revised Commission Recommended Categorical Funding Phase In
- Revised Implementation Timeline for Commission on Innovation and Excellence in Education Policy Recommendations
- Commission on Innovation and Excellence In Education – Phase In Recommendation
- Kirwan Policy Initiatives
We strive to keep you informed of the latest happenings in Annapolis impacting Early Childhood Education.
By Christina Peusch We urge you to contact your legislators! Click here http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/mgawebsite/members/district They need to hear from you !!! MSCCA will testify and ask for amendments. We need your voice to make a bigger impact as this will impact your...
MSCCA recently submitted an Op/Ed to the Baltimore Sun on Jan. 9, 2020. The Sun has agreed to run this article but we also wanted to share the article with our members and social media followers. The Kirwan legislation Senate Bill 1000 dropped at the end of last week....
Testimony: State FY 2021 Budget for the Maryland State Department of Education, Division of Early Childhood Development Education and Economic Development Subcommittee February 3, 2020 MSCCA budget hearing testimony Feb 3, 2020 MSCCA acknowledges and appreciates all...
We are proud partners of the National Child Care Association (NCCA). Just a few of the benefits of being a member of the NCCA: Advocacy = NCCA Leadership on the ground in D.C. representing YOU NCCA Voice - State and Federal updates in an easy format Membership in NCCA...
The Maryland Child Care Association is a is a 501 (c)(3) Charitable Organization EIN 52-1398476 Advocacy is an ethical responsibility.