Welcome to the Maryland State Child Care Association
Thanks to all who attended the MSCCA Hybrid Conference for 2021!
CrowdCompass will remain open until 6/2/21.
Mark your calendars for the MSCCA Leadership Symposium coming in October 2021 and the MSCCA Conference by the Land and Sea 2022 happening April 28 – May 1, 2022.
If you successfully completed the 2021 Conference you can download your certificate by following these directions:
1. Click Here
2. Enter your email address and confirmation number
3. Click on Print Options and select 2021 Certificate
4. You will then be prompted to save your certificate
Please Note: Please complete this process on a desktop or laptop as it does not work properly from most phones and tablets
MSCCA is sharing the official citation from the Maryland Women’s Legislative Caucus recognizing our essential teachers in child care early childhood on National Day of Recognition for Child Care Providers! Maryland appreciates you and all you do to educate, nurture and prepare children for Kindergarten and life!
News and Articles
MSDE has partnered with Child Trends to understand the impact of COVID-19 of all parents utilizing child care. We are asking providers to assist with this effort because the results will potentially shape policy that impacts child care programs. We are asking for all...
News from our partners at The Maryland STEM Fest: The Maryland STEM Festival runs virtually through November 1st. All events can be found on the website, https://marylandstemfestival.org/ Many events are geared for families with young children. Here are some of those...
Don't miss the Maryland State Child Care Virtual Conference 2020 - Vision for Diversity! Registration is open for the safe digital/virtual delivery of Core of Knowledge approved, CEU approved, Continued Training approved sessions from September 24-27, 2020. MSCCA is...
MSCCA has received a letter from Assistant Superintendent Steven Hicks on behalf of Superintendent Dr. Karen Salmon thanking us for our advocacy efforts on behalf of early childhood education in Maryland through our www.SaveMarylandChildCare.org campaign. An excerpt...
We would like to respond in a thoughtful way to the issues in society and have worked with the Board of Directors over several weeks to expand our Vision and Mission to reflect and embrace this important philosophy statement that will inform our work and help us focus more on social justice, diversity, race and equity related to our vision and mission. We have created this as a resource document that will offer some ideas for next steps for all of us to learn and grow. We are open to more resources and feedback from our members and will continue to add to, create and share more resources as we receive them.
You can read or download the resource document by clicking on it.
COVID Information and Resources
- MFN Network Caring Through COVID
- Memo to Providers
- FAQ for Providers on Child Care Re-Opening
- FAQ for Parents on Child Care Re-Opening
- Child Care Re-Opening Verification
- Maryland’s Infant and Early Childhood Mental Health (IECMH) Consultation Project is Open!
- Master List of Essential Personnel Child Care Programs
- PPP Loan Forgiveness Application
- Recording of Child Care Listening Session
- Childcare Decision Tree
- Small Business Loans Side by Side Comparison
- Frequently Asked Questions About Maryland Childcare Payment System
- How Child Care Businesses Can Survive COVID-19—Considerations for Family Child Care Homes
- Child Care Center Closure Recommendations
- Credentialing Branch Programs Guidance FAQs
- Business Information and Resources as of April 7, 2020
- Clarification from Dr Salmon on Ratios for EP Child Care
- MSDE FAQ on Child Care
- Paycheck Protection Plan (PPP) Application
- Paycheck Protection Plan (PPP) Overview
- Paycheck Protection Plan (PPP) Fact Sheet
- Maryland State Department of Labor – Unemployment
- Order of the Governor of the State of Maryland 03-30-20
- Daily Attendance Record
- CARES Act Section by Section
- The CARES ACT
- Federal Stimulus Bill Info
- Emergency Funds Stimulus Package
- Clarification of Dr. Salmon’s March 25, 2020 Child Care Message
- Letter About EPCC
- EPCC Application
- Interpretive Guidance for Governor Hogan’s Business Order
- Emergency Funding Resources that Child Care Providers Can Use Now
- Frequently Asked Questions About COVID-19 and Maryland’s Unemployment Insurance Benefits Administration – Unemployment Insurance
- Information for Child Cares regarding 2019 novel coronavirus: Washington State Department of Health
- Maryland Business Express – Coronavirus
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- Maryland Department of Health COVID-19 Information
- Child Care and Early Learning COVID-19 Stimulus Request
- Resources for Child Care Resource and Referral (CCR&Rs) Agencies and Providers
- COVID Facts Not Fears Issue 1
- COVID Facts Not Fears Issue 2
URGENT: HELP SAVE CHILD CARE IN MARYLAND We need Child Care Providers and Programs to Advocate NOW! Go to MdElect.net to find contact info for your representatives. Use this linked PDF for your email template. Provider Template Constituent Letter (revised 2)CP-fill
MSCCA 2021 Priorities
The Maryland State Child Care Association (MSCCA) is the premiere professional association for licensed child care and early learning centers operating in Maryland and for associated businesses and individuals that support the mission of the Association. Our members are committed to providing the highest levels of cognitive, social/emotional, and physical development in safe and secure environments for the children entrusted to their care. We truly believe that we care for Maryland’s most important natural resource, our children. As a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) trade association of child care centers, MSCCA provides professional development for the staff of member centers and educational outreach to the general public on matters related to early childhood education. MSCCA is actively engaged in the public policy arena to ensure that the laws and regulations governing our members are consistent with quality for the children and affordability for their parents and guardians. MSCCA Chapters in regions across Maryland provide our members with information, resources, and networking opportunities that are accessible on a local basis. MSCCA is the official state affiliate of the National Child Care Association. Additionally, Board members participate actively with a variety of other organizations including, Maryland Family Network (MFN), Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE), Governor’s Council for Children and other organizations that share our members’ commitment to high quality, affordable child care and early learning. More information about membership opportunities for MSCCA is available on our website (www.mscca.org). Interested child care centers, businesses serving the industry and individuals are encouraged to call or email the Executive Director or MSCCA Board members with any questions or for assistance. More information about membership in the MSCCA is available under the section on Membership Applications. Interested child care centers, affiliates, businesses serving the industry, and individuals are welcome to call our offices at (410) 820.9196 or (877) 820.9196, toll-free in Maryland.
How can you help LOCATE and yourself?
Do You Support Locate: Child Care Service?
Locate: Child Care for Providers
How can you help LOCATE and yourself? LOCATE: Child Care staff depend on complete and accurate information in order to serve the needs of the parents. Providing your fee schedules allows for an accurate cost of care analysis.
Here is how you can help: • Complete the annual database questionnaire. • Let LOCATE know when there are changes in your program, such as hours and fees. • Call the Provider Support Line monthly with your vacancy information
Have you updated your LOCATE program information in the past year? You now have two easy ways to update your record. You can enter your program information online:
Access the Family Child Care Provider Online Questionnaire here Access the Group Program Online Questionnaire here Or you can also download and print a copy of the appropriate questionnaire:
Download Family Child Care Provider Questionnaire here Download Group Program Questionnaire here After completing the questionnaire, return it to LOCATE by either: Faxing it to 410.385.0561 or, scanning the completed form and emailing it to: email@example.com or, Mailing the completed form to: LOCATE: Child Care 1001 Eastern Avenue, 2nd floor Baltimore, MD 21202
The Locate Provider Support Line is also available to you.
You may call 1-866-752-1614 to report information on your child care program, such as vacancies, fee changes, and other record updates.
Additional resources for providers can be found here. Download the Locate: Child Care Brochure for Providers
Locate: Child Care for Parents
Selecting child care is one of the most important decisions a family will ever make. Take the time to make the right choice—the first five years last forever.
Maryland Family Network’s LOCATE: Child Care is a free, referral service with detailed information on all regulated child care in Maryland. Our trained referral specialists will help you identify care based on your personal preferences including program type, location and cost. Reliable child care is just a phone call away.
A trained LOCATE: Child Care Referral Specialist is ready to help you select the best child care option for your family. (Toll-Free) 877.261.0060. Read more here about the many services offered to parents by Locate: Child Care. Download the Locate: Child Care Brochure for Parents
Contact FloJean Speck at LOCATE: Child Care at firstname.lastname@example.org should you need assistance.