What is Advocacy?
Advocacy is a proactive stance taken by individuals in response to particular issues that concern them. In early childhood education, the purpose of advocacy is to promote ideas and seek a resolution that will affect children and families in positive ways (Kieff 2009).
Why Legislative Updates?
We strive to keep you informed of the latest happenings in Annapolis impacting Early Childhood Education and work to meet with legislators to discuss pending legislation that affects MSCCA members.
Public Policy Meeting Schedule
MSCCA Legislative task force/public policy committee meetings September 2022 through June 2023.
See our schedule with our partners.
MSCCA also reviews public policy agenda at our monthly Board meetings.
Donate to Our Advocacy Efforts
- Observations and Recommendations to the Maryland Commission on Innovation and Excellence in Education – Kirwan Commission
- Kirwan Presentation to Committees
- State Aid and Local Share FY 2022-2023
- Proposed Phase In
- Phase in Recommendation
- Local Share vs MOE and Local Appropriations Model
- State Aid Local Share Appropriation Exhibits
- CCR and Non CCR Results
- Kirwan Workgroup Recommendations
- Aid Comparisons Spreadsheet 1
- Aid Comparison Spreadsheet 2
- FY 2018 County Operating Contribution to Public School
- Revised Commission Recommended Categorical Funding Phase In
- Revised Implementation Timeline for Commission on Innovation and Excellence in Education Policy Recommendations
- Commission on Innovation and Excellence In Education – Phase In Recommendation
- Kirwan Policy Initiatives
We strive to keep you informed of the latest happenings in Annapolis impacting Early Childhood Education.
The providers participating in this program are essential and their challenges are real. These challenges range from facing multiple attendance verification audits throughout the year to delayed payments. Further, slow processing of CCS program applications affects...
Read the report on what the providers told us.
MSCCA's Executive Director, Christina Peusch has been appointed to the Commission on Trauma-Informed Care by the Governor representative as the co-chair of the Office of Child Care Advisory Council. The Commission on Trauma-Informed Care is charged with coordinating a...
MSCCA is sharing the official citation from the Maryland Women’s Legislative Caucus recognizing our essential teachers in child care early childhood on National Day of Recognition for Child Care Providers! Maryland appreciates you and all...
MSCCA would like to share a letter from Delegate Jared Soloman asking for support for House Bill 608 the Child Care Provider Support Act. Please share and contact your legislators. This legislation is so important to the early child care industry. Good afternoon,...
MSCCA has received a letter from Assistant Superintendent Steven Hicks on behalf of Superintendent Dr. Karen Salmon thanking us for our advocacy efforts on behalf of early childhood education in Maryland through our www.SaveMarylandChildCare.org campaign. An excerpt...