What is Advocacy?
Advocacy is a proactive stance taken by individuals in response to particular issues that concern them. In early childhood education, the purpose of advocacy is to promote ideas and seek a resolution that will affect children and families in positive ways (Kieff 2009).
Why Legislative Updates?
We strive to keep you informed of the latest happenings in Annapolis impacting Early Childhood Education and work to meet with legislators to discuss pending legislation that affects MSCCA members.
Support Our Advocacy Efforts
- Maryland General Assembly
- House Bill Companion
- Analysis of the FY 2020 Maryland Executive Budget
- MSDE Budget Data
- Maryland State Department of Education Response to the Analyst’s Review and Recommendations
- Working Group Draft
- Funding Priorities
- Time To Care Act 2019 – Summary
- Maryland Register – February 15, 2019
- PDG B Findings And Reports
- Maryland Family Network Public Policy Handbook 2019-2020
- 2019-2020 Public Policy Meeting Schedule
- Observations and Recommendations to the Maryland Commission on Innovation and Excellence in Education – Kirwan Commission
- Kirwan Presentation to Committees
- State Aid and Local Share FY 2022-2023
- Proposed Phase In
- Phase in Recommendation
- Local Share vs MOE and Local Appropriations Model
- State Aid Local Share Appropriation Exhibits
- CCR and Non CCR Results
- Kirwan Workgroup Recommendations
- Aid Comparisons Spreadsheet 1
- Aid Comparison Spreadsheet 2
- FY 2018 County Operating Contribution to Public School
- Revised Commission Recommended Categorical Funding Phase In
- Revised Implementation Timeline for Commission on Innovation and Excellence in Education Policy Recommendations
- Commission on Innovation and Excellence In Education – Phase In Recommendation
- Kirwan Policy Initiatives
Important News and Reports
Child Care Should Be Free
Child Care Development Block Grant 2020
Sen. Washington to Announce Bid for Baltimore Mayor Wednesday
Guzzone to Replace King as Chair of Senate Budget Panel
MSCCA Position and Comments on Final Working Group One Recommendations
Legislation Recap – Sine Die Report 2019
MARYLAND COMMISSION ON INNOVATION & EXCELLENCE IN EDUCATION Interim Report
Baltimore Sun Article – What is the Kirwin Commission and What You Need to Know
We strive to keep you informed of the latest happenings in Annapolis impacting Early Childhood Education.
The Maryland Child Care Association is a is a 501 (c)(3) Charitable Organization EIN 52-1398476 Advocacy is an ethical responsibility.
News from the Maryland State Legislative Offices: PRESS RELEASE For Immediate Release: September 6, 2019 For More Information: Speaker’s Legislative Office 410-841-3916 (o) SPEAKER JONES ANNOUNCES NEW LEADERSHIP POSITIONS ANNAPOLIS, MD –House Speaker Adrienne A. Jones...
An historic day in Annapolis as the House Democratic Caucus chose Adrienne Jones from Baltimore County as their choice to serve as Speaker. It was a contentious race that began with Del. Jones, Del. Dereck Davis and Del. Maggie McIntosh. Jones withdrew her name from...
Legislative Info from Green & Healthy Homes Initiative: Baltimore, MD - GHHI achieved its primary state legislative goal of lowering the blood lead action level in Maryland for environmental investigation of homes and medical case management for children. The...
Please read the important article linked here, shared by MSCCA Board Member Ruthie Claytor and MSCCA Anne Arundel Chapter President that sheds light on the issues with many kindergarten classrooms and how policy makers and public institutions with little knowledge of...