What is Advocacy?
Advocacy is a proactive stance taken by individuals in response to particular issues that concern them. In early childhood education, the purpose of advocacy is to promote ideas and seek a resolution that will affect children and families in positive ways (Kieff 2009).
Why Legislative Updates?
We strive to keep you informed of the latest happenings in Annapolis impacting Early Childhood Education and work to meet with legislators to discuss pending legislation that affects MSCCA members.
Public Policy Meeting Schedule
MSCCA Legislative task force/public policy committee meetings September 2022 through June 2023.
See our schedule with our partners.
MSCCA also reviews public policy agenda at our monthly Board meetings.
Donate to Our Advocacy Efforts
- Observations and Recommendations to the Maryland Commission on Innovation and Excellence in Education – Kirwan Commission
- Kirwan Presentation to Committees
- State Aid and Local Share FY 2022-2023
- Proposed Phase In
- Phase in Recommendation
- Local Share vs MOE and Local Appropriations Model
- State Aid Local Share Appropriation Exhibits
- CCR and Non CCR Results
- Kirwan Workgroup Recommendations
- Aid Comparisons Spreadsheet 1
- Aid Comparison Spreadsheet 2
- FY 2018 County Operating Contribution to Public School
- Revised Commission Recommended Categorical Funding Phase In
- Revised Implementation Timeline for Commission on Innovation and Excellence in Education Policy Recommendations
- Commission on Innovation and Excellence In Education – Phase In Recommendation
- Kirwan Policy Initiatives
2023 Legislation and Advocacy
2022 Legislation and Advocacy
We strive to keep you informed of the latest happenings in Annapolis impacting Early Childhood Education.
MSCCA has received a letter from Assistant Superintendent Steven Hicks on behalf of Superintendent Dr. Karen Salmon thanking us for our advocacy efforts on behalf of early childhood education in Maryland through our www.SaveMarylandChildCare.org campaign. An excerpt...
Licensed Child Care Providers Are The Backbone Of Our Economy Maryland May Lose Half of Child Care Supply From Crisis Please visit: SaveMarylandChildCare.org We Need Child Care To Enable Our Economic Recovery, Now And In The Future Now that Governor Hogan has started...
Letter to Governor Hogan and State Representatives – Ruthi Claytor, Owner, Grannie Annie’s Child Care & Learning Center Cozy Care, Quality Education
Sharing a letter send to Governor Hogan's office this morning and state representatives this afternoon from Ruthi Claytor, Owner, Grannie Annie's Child Care & Learning Center Cozy Care, Quality Education. I own a child care center in Pasadena, MD. We are currently...
Sharing a letter send to Governor Hogan's office this morning and state representatives this afternoon from Lavonne Taylor, Owner/Director Forest Hill Nature Preschool & Childcare: April 20, 2020 Governor Hogan, I am contacting you today as a childcare provider on...
We need Child Care Providers and Programs to Advocate NOW! PDF Template to be filled copied and pasted into your email. Provider Template Constituent Letter (revised 2)CP-fill The coronavirus pandemic has changed our way of life for an indefinite period of time....
Updates on COVID-19 legislation from our accountants Kullman, CPA Earlier today, the US House of Representatives passed the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act. The president is expected to sign the bill. The CARES Act is 854 pages long and...