What is Advocacy?
Advocacy is a proactive stance taken by individuals in response to particular issues that concern them. In early childhood education, the purpose of advocacy is to promote ideas and seek a resolution that will affect children and families in positive ways (Kieff 2009).
Why Legislative Updates?
We strive to keep you informed of the latest happenings in Annapolis impacting Early Childhood Education and work to meet with legislators to discuss pending legislation that affects MSCCA members.
Support Our Advocacy Efforts
- Observations and Recommendations to the Maryland Commission on Innovation and Excellence in Education – Kirwan Commission
- Kirwan Presentation to Committees
- State Aid and Local Share FY 2022-2023
- Proposed Phase In
- Phase in Recommendation
- Local Share vs MOE and Local Appropriations Model
- State Aid Local Share Appropriation Exhibits
- CCR and Non CCR Results
- Kirwan Workgroup Recommendations
- Aid Comparisons Spreadsheet 1
- Aid Comparison Spreadsheet 2
- FY 2018 County Operating Contribution to Public School
- Revised Commission Recommended Categorical Funding Phase In
- Revised Implementation Timeline for Commission on Innovation and Excellence in Education Policy Recommendations
- Commission on Innovation and Excellence In Education – Phase In Recommendation
- Kirwan Policy Initiatives
We strive to keep you informed of the latest happenings in Annapolis impacting Early Childhood Education.
Updates on COVID-19 legislation from our accountants Kullman, CPA Earlier today, the US House of Representatives passed the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act. The president is expected to sign the bill. The CARES Act is 854 pages long and...
Open Call For Questions – Unemployment, Non-profit businesses, Federal and State Resources and Liability During This Time
Please join MSCCA Executive Director Chris Peusch & the legal team of Darrell VanDeusen & Garrett Wozniak of Kollman & Saucier, P.A. (www.kollmanlaw.com), for an open call to ask your questions regarding unemployment, non-profit businesses, federal and...
Use these hash tags #FundChildCare and #ChildCareNow Tweet Storm” planned for 10:00 am TODAY, March 23 Congress has not included child care in federal stimulus package -we must work together to use our collective voices NOW. Child care is critical and we have to...
It’s time to recognize child care programs/nursery preschools play an important role in successfully educating birth to 5 years. Click here to read the State Kindergarten Readiness data report for 2018-2019 Please review this report and share the successes of child...
Now is time to keep communication going with legislators ASAP all week long. They are making decisions over next few weeks and we MUST flood their offices with emails, phone calls and visits or their office of time allows. We have to make our voices heard. MSCCA is...
MSCCA has been able to make an impact in some of the legislation, but will submit more amendments on Monday at the Hearing. Will share our amendments on our legislative page! Please feel free to contact your legislators and let them know how this will impact you....